22 February 2008

I'M LOOKING FOR REPORTERS FOR SLA CONFERENCE IN SEATTLE

Strange as it may seem, it's time to think about the June SLA Conference in Seattle. The preliminary program is out and, as usual, I am looking for people to report on sessions for The One-Person Library newsletter. I pay US$25 per session for 2-3 paragraphs on the session and its relevance for solos.
I assign reporters first come, first served, so volunteer now. (I will, of course, repeat this post again until I get all the sessions covered.)

Here are the sessions for which I need reporters.
Sunday, 15 June
5:00-7:00 pm
Opening general session, Dr. Vint Cerf

Monday, 16 June
7:00-8:30 am
Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget: Effective CI for the Small Guy
Selling Yourself and our Skills
9:00-10:30 am
Leadership: Building on Your Natural Abilities and Strengths
Working Globally
1:30-3:00 pm
The Next Information Revolution and Our Role as Revolutionaries
3:30-5:30 pm
Embedded Librarianship: Background and Overview

Tuesday, 17 June
7:00-8:30 am
Building Bridges, Creating Partnerships
9:00-11:00 am
All I Really Need to Know I Learned…in Library School?
The New Face of the Special Librarian: Lessons from Solos
11:00 am-12:30 pm
If Knew Then What I Know Now: Tales from the Dark Side
3:15-4:45 pm
Educating the Next Generation of Knowledge Managers: How Library Schools, I-Schools, and the Profession are Meeting the Challenge
Keeping Found Things Found

Wednesday, 18 June
8:00-9:30 am
Transformational Roles: Breaking Rules

No comments: