10 November 2008

FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH


Want to have some fun? Analyze your blog. Here are three courtesy of Helene Blowers (via Stephen Abram’s blog).

Typealyzer “provides a Myers-Briggs type analysis of your blog and shows you the area of the brain that your writing style reflects most.” I am an ISTP and use my left brain. (ISTP: The Mechanic: The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts. The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.)

Genderanalyzer determines what sex you write like. I test as 68% and, last time I looked in the mirror, I am a woman.

Readability Test determines what grade level your blog is written at. I guess I write over most people's heads: post-grad college level. I think that's because I tend to write long, complicated sentences. Sorry about that folks.

It I were not convinced of the accuracy of these type of analyzers before, I am even less confident in them now. But you might have better results.

URLs:
Typealyzer: http://www.typealyzer.com
Genderanalyzer: http://genderanalyzer.com
Readability Test: http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx



No comments: