10 September 2008

I'M BACK--THEN I'M GOING AWAY AGAIN


I don't know if you missed me, but I haven't been blogging for a while.

My computer died and it took forever to get it fixed. Actually, I wound up getting a new one--a Toshiba Portege M500. It is so light (2.2 pounds) and fast (1.6 gig). But I was out of commission for nearly a month. I could do some things from my husband's laptop, some from my desktop, and some not at all. Ah well, all's well that ends well.

So, to celebrate, we're going on a river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest in a week or so.
What are we celebrating? Our 25th anniversary (August 27), the return of my computing power, and the return of my right foot. (It hasn't really been gone, I just haven't been able to use it. I have stress fractures of 2 toes and they haven't been healing. I was in a cast for 7 weeks--no weight on the foot at all, then in a walking boot for another 2 weeks. Now I can wear a shoe--and drive--but will still have to wear the boot when I walk very much--like on tour. But this is a definite improvement.)

So, I'm back for a week or so, but will be gone until about October 10. See you then!


No comments: