29 October 2008
TIPS FOR BETTER PRESENTATIONS
If you are planning to give an oral presentation sometime in the future, you might want to read "Ten Simple Rules for Making Good Oral Presentations" by Philip E. Bourne [University of California San Diego] on the Public Library of Science.
Quickly, here are the ten tips, but read the article for the details.
1. talk to the audience
2. less is more
3. only talk when you have something to say
4. make the take-home message persistent
5. be logical
6. treat the floor p://as a stage
7. practice and time your presentation
8. use visuals sparingly but effectively
9. review audio and/or video of your presentations
10.provide appropriate acknowledgements