10. Never lose your enthusiasm over purchasing a book truck.
9. Keep track of the things you do, the questions you are asked, etc.
8. Promote yourself and your services--don't be afraid to blow your own horn.
7. Don't be shy about asking the Solos list a question--that's why we're here.
6. Make nice with the following staff: IT people, office management, supplies purchaser, HR, your boss's assistant, mailroom and receptionist (i.e., Everyone).
5. Find small ways to be visible, such as posting notices or comics on a bulletin board, or emailing news items to all of the staff.
4. Hold an "amnesty" day when clients are asked to return "lost" material (even though there really is no penalty).
3. Get to know your patrons and anticipate their needs.
2. Always have treats available in the library.
1. Good luck, have fun, and don't let the turkeys get you down! (Good advice for all of you, not just newbies).
For more good stuff like this, join the Division and get your own copy of Flying Solo.
Solo Division website: http://www.sla.org/division/dsol/
(also on Facebook and LinkedIn)